I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the other words in each group.
1. a. ploughed
2. a. exerci
se b. di
ving c. physi
3. a. wome
n b. me
n c. le
d d. intelle
4. a. pow
er b. w
ife c. allow
5. a. share
II. Choose the word which is stressed different from the rest.
1. a. expression b. example c. friendliness d. superior
2. a. human b. mother c. struggle d. belief
3. a. history b. natural c. engineer d. business
4. a. status b. argue c. basis d. against
5. a. carpet b. visit c. summer d. include
II. Choose a,b,c or d that best completes each unfinished sentences:
1. Wester women sre more...... than Asian women.
a. depend b. dependent c. indepentdent d. independently
2. Most people consider it women's..... to take care of childrens and do homework.
a. limit b. relationship c. responsibility d. respect
3. In our modern time, the... of women has shifted from homemaker to outside worker
a. role b. period c. right d. pay
4.Education is recogined as.... essential need for achieving equality in most walks of life.
a. a b. an c. the d. x
5. Girls must all be sent to school because .... will provide better opportunities
a. education b. beliees c. rights d. politics
6. Do you know who ...... penicillin?
a. discovered b. was discovered c. did dicover d. dicoveries
7. People learned how.... paper many centuries ago.
a. was made b. is making c. to make d. make
8. Last night I ..... telivision when the phone rang.
a. watch b. was watching c. have watched d. was watched
9.This kind of chocolate tastes....., isn't it?
a. is delicious b. was delicious c. deliciously d. delicous
10. Bread is made ..... bread flour and yeast.
a. from b. in c. by d. up
III. Give the correct form of the verbs in blackets
1. My uncle (not visit) us since he moved to the new town.
2. You should practice (speak) English every day.
3. It (get) hotter and hotter in June.
4. The movie (start) at 8.15 this evening.
5. We already (finish) the first semester exams.
6. Mr.Binh (learn) Chinese ar school, but he (forget) most of it. 7. We (have) aparty next Sunday. Would you like (come)?
8. Do you mind if I (open) this window?
IV. Complete the sentences below with the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. I live in a small village and its.... are very beautiful (SURROUND)
2. The world of computer is extremely....(COMPETE)
3. What is the .... of Thomas Edison? (NATION)
4. D.E Huges was the ... of microphone. (INVENT)
5. Discovering penicillin made Sir Alexander Fleming.... all over the world (FAME)
6. What is your... for designing this house? (SUGGEST)
7. Is PETRONAS Twin Towers the .... building in the world? (HIGH)
8. You don't have to do that work. In other words, it's ... for you. (NECESSITY)
9. There are a lot of.... festivals in Viet Nam ( TRADITION)
10. The must make a quick ... about who wins the contest (DECIDE)
V. Find a correct word for each space in following passege.
Welcome to my country Vietnam, the country (1).....you can fell the diffirents in four seasons:spring,summer,(2).... and winter. (3)....winter,the weather is very cold but not freeze.It's cold because wind and never has snow.You can only see (4).....and ice on high land and moutain in West North(5)..... The sky often be foggy, cloudy and long drizzling rain is typical of winter (6).....In summer,sky is high and blue.It's very (7).....and so dry.Sometimes,it rains heavy (8)....not be long. Heavy rain after a hot day is the typical type of weather in a tropical (9).....like my country. (10)....you lived in our country,you could think it's so strict but I like it because I'm a Vietnamese
VI. Read the following passage and answer the questions.
Hi,everybody ! I come from a family of four people : My parents , my younger sister , and I . Now I'll describle the members in my family .
My father is fifty years old . He works as a farmer in fields on every morning . He is tall and slim , has short gray hair and black eyes He is sometimes helpful and friendly.My father likes gardening very much as well as listening news .His special hobbies are bird watching and a trained tree .To him , everything becomes very beautiful because in his opinion , labour is glorious .Therefore , he doesn't hate anything .
My mother is forty-five and she works as a teacher in a village school .She is small and slim , has long black hair and black eyes She is a caring and vituous woman. She likes gardening and cooking.She cooks well ,people in my family very like her dishes .
My younger sister is a grade 10 student .She is tall ,intelligent and brisk .Therefore , she always obtains achievements in train .She likes watching cattoon film and reading comic books.
However , she often helps my parents with household chores in free-time .She likes watching cattoon film and reading comic books . Wherever she also is always enthusiasm and friendly , so she is usually loved .
And I am twenty-one years old , studying at Hanoi University of Industry .I am tall, short black hair .I am a open-hearted and friendly person , so I have many friends . Now , because studying ,I have to live far from my home , so I am very homesick . But in months , I have a day-off to go back home .On sunday , I likes go for a walk with my friends in roads . I have no anything to hate them ,because to me , life is always beautiful .
1. How many people are there in the writer's family?
2. How old is his father?
3 What does his mither look like?
4. What does his younger sister like?
5. How does the writer think about his life?
VII. Each of the following sentences has one mistakes. Identify and Correct them.
1. She wishes that she didn't sent her candy yesterday because she's on a diet.
2. Today is such beautiful day that I couldn't bring myself to complete all my chores.
3. While they were away at the beach, the allowed their neighbors use barbecue grill.
4. Mumps are a common disease which usually affects children.
5. Each of the nurses report to ther operating room when his or her name is called.
6. After talking to her for about 15 minutes, he continued doing his homework.
7. Despite he is very busy he is always willing to help me with my trouble.
8. After I listened to the violinist and cellist, and enjoyed their interpretatioons, I
hurried home practice.
9. Ninety-seven percent of the world's water is slt water is found in oceans of the Earth.
10. Standing among so many stranger, the frightened child began to sob
VIII. Finish the second sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the first sentences printed
1. Because she behaved badly, everybody hates her.
-> Because .......
2. "Where is the station car-park?" Mr. Smith asked.
-> Mr Smith asked.....
3. I'm grateful that you looked after my mother so well.
-> Thank you...
4. It was his incompetence which led to their capture.
5. Our driving laws and their are not the same.
-> Our driving laws.....
6. Is it necessary for me to confirm my reservation?
-> Do I....
7. I completed the jigsaw puzzle in 20 minutes.
-> It ....
8. It was such a stale cake that nobody wanted to eat it
-> The cake .....
9. My uncle has never been abroad before.
-> Thia is..
10. It's possible that they are having a party next door.
-> Thay may.....
IX.Use the suggestions to write a complete letter.
Dear Annie and Marry.
1. I / just / arrive/ bach / Hanoi
2. It / lovely / see my family again / I /miss you / all / friends / New York.
3. I / have / wonderful time / you both / apartment.
4. I /enjoy / myself / indeed.
5. Also / it / very kind / you / show me so much / the city.
6. I / think / English / improv quite / lot.
7. At first, I / so worry / I / not / understand / word.
8. You both /speak /so quickly / soon I begin / understand / more / more.
9. I /hope/ one day you / visit/ me / Hanoi.
10. I / love / show / my city.
Sưu tam - Biên soạn
P/s: Mọi người cứ làm nhé. Kẹo post đáp án sau. Tks:)